Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Dreaded Playground

So seeing as the weather has warmed up and out door play means longer nap times for Alex (and Momma), I decided to take Alex on an adventure to the ultimate Mommy hot spot. You all know it... it's the dreaded playground. The place where our children can roam free and interact with each other while we desperately try to look cool as a cucumber (but secretly and on the inside freak out) every time our babies step too close to the edge of the jungle gym. 

So I am the type of Mom who would love to make other Mom friends, I dream about the day I have someone to entertain me and gossip with while DS is enjoying something other then pulling at my leg saying "no Momma PLAY WITH ME!!", and every time I dream this wonderful dream I picture being at the playground. The only problem is that dreams never look as good in the bright light of reality. 

Other Moms are F'ing CRAZY! 



Now we are at the play ground and Alex is loving the slide, the stairs, the sand, so I have some time on my hands. I smile at one Mom and she (honest to god) turned around and walked away,lol. I was slightly embarrassed, so I thought I would wait before trying to befriend anyone else, and then it happened.... A little boy (we will call him Frank) BIT!! a little girl (we will call her Dora). Well holly cr@p, that was it, drama at the playground, but to a Mom looking to make friends it was a great opportunity! So Dora lets out an earth shattering wail and Frank blankly stairs at her as if she is mental and the Moms swoop into action. 

First the questioning: "what happened?" "who was it?" "are you bleeding?" "Is she O.K.?"; Then the apologizing: "I am so sorry!" "he never does things like this..." "I swear he isn't normally agressive..." After the Moms have sorted out the situation and realized no blood was drawn and everyone is still alive Doras Mom scoops up her two children and they go to a different play area (my guess to be away from "will grow up to be a serial killer" Frank). 

Now lets be honest here, poor Frank is about 3 years old. I am sure it's not the first time he has ever bit, hit or pushed a kid in his little life, but really, a serial killer? lol... I think thats a bit absurd, he's just a kid. They were playing tea party and from what I could gather Doras hand went a little too close to Franks mouth while feeding him some make believe cake. But that didn't seem to matter. Doras Mom was appalled and  Franks Mom was mortified. So now Dora is out of the scene and Franks Mom starts talking to me :) Yippy!! A new friend!! Unfortunately all she can talk about is how her son may need professional help, maybe she is doing him a diservice by not sending him to daycare, maybe he has anger issues... K, this Mom is CRAZY. So I tried my best to not tell her she was being an over dramatic weirdo, and instead I said, "Don't worry, your son is normal. Kids bite" then with out warning and second time happening to me that day, Franks Mom (honest to god) turned around and walked away. I give up! Alex can play in the back yard, lol.       

No comments:

Post a Comment